So first thing was the Blue Grotto. We took a little boat to the side of a cliff and then they loaded us in groups of 2 into tiny rowboats with a guide and then while lying down in the bottom of the rowboat we get pulled through this very low opening into the grotto. I think if I had known what was going to happen before I got in the rowboat I might have backed out. Then once you're inside and you look back toward the little opening you see why all the fuss. The bright blue water looks lit from below but it is just the combination of the sun and the beautiful blue water.
Then we took the smallest bus I've ever seen to Anacapri and wandered for a couple of hours where I got amazing photos of Capri, Sorrento, Naples and more. Then to Capri. I bet during tourist season when things are actually open it is a crazy place, but in January it is quiet and almost peaceful. The crazy part is that even with all of the Gucci, Prada, etc. shops closed (and empty), there were still women coming back on the ferry loaded down with shopping bags. Where did they find places to spend that much money?! Oh Italy.
No comments:
Post a Comment