Monday, April 27, 2009

A New Home

It's been a couple weeks since I've written but that's because I finally moved into my apartment!   I got the keys and my shipment two Fridays ago and it felt like Christmas.  I was unwrapping my clothes and boxes and rediscovering both my good taste and my bad taste.  Anyway it was a great day.  I am mostly organized and loving having a place of my own.  The only downside is that the bathroom was supposed to be redone before I moved in but that didn't happen. Instead they are now going to do it while I'm in the US this summer for a week or two.  The only other downside is that I haven't had internet for the last week and a half and won't have it until Wednesday at the latest, so right now I'm at Starbucks (I know, but they are the only place still open with internet access).  Let's just say that they are not so service oriented here in Germany.  Yes that's right, the US has service that cannot be beat.  I'm surprised too!  


Also this last  week I attended 3 classes at the gym a block from my apartment and more or less followed along with the German speaking instructor.  It was a bit tough, but not too bad.  The most German thing about the gym is that there is a water station with flavors to put in your water and the option to have flat or sparkling water.  It is classic.  


Oh and my address here is now:

Wilhelmstrasse 15

D-80801 Munich, Germany


No comments:

Post a Comment