Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quite the Weekend

So this weekend had quite the fun adventures!  We'll go ahead and do this chronologically.  Friday night I went out with a couple friends to a bar in Munich called Beach 38.  It is exactly what you're thinking.  The entire floor was sand.  Lots of it and rather deep.  The chairs were beach chairs and they have on heat lamps to make it warm.  It was fantastic!  Plus part of the building contains sand volleyball courts to rent so you could watch people play.  I loved it.

Then on Saturday I met David Sheridan (yes, that's right the one from FFIC) and we went to the Deutsches Museum.  It was great, although I'll have to go back at least 4 more time just to see everything.  

Then today I had even more fun.  I met some friends for brunch at this newly remodeled restaurant.  The buffet was great and the nice thing abut Germany is that they don't ever rush you out of a restaurant so we stayed for about 3 hours.  Man do the Germans know how to do a great brunch!
  
Then tonight I was officially inducted into German society.  I attended Starkbierfest!  Starkbier is this beer brewed during lent by the monks.  It is really heavy beer with higher alcohol content and they drank it while fasting.  The festival is sort of like a mini Oktoberfest, except not touristy and for the locals.  It was awesome!!  People dancing on the tables, everyone in lederhosen and derndles, food, and lots of liters of beer.  (Of course a liter is the only size you can get) The great thing is that I knew half the songs the band played because they love American music.  It was great and a perfect step toward Oktoberfest.  I'll post pictures later.  Well, now that I've had daylight savings time for the second time this spring I had better go to bed since it is late.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I miss you lots!   

Prost

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Germany is all great food and high-alcohol beer. Why don't they just call the country Heaven and be done with it?

    ReplyDelete