Then we went to the lake and laid there for a while in the sun before having an eiscafe, which is coffee with a scoop of ice cream in it. (It is just as good as you think it is!) I am so excited that Kornelia and her boyfriend will finally be moving to Munich next month. This way our adventures will be easier to organize and we can even play some Settlers of Catan!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Medieval Festivals in Germany Make Sense (History Wise)
Today I met my colleague Kornelia and her boyfriend in this little historic German city called Schongau. The city sits on the top of hill and still has the historical wall from the middle ages around it. They were having a Medieval festival in the city center and it had all the trimmings. Everything from people in full out costumes, lots of Bavarian food, wooden swords, massages, and of course "witch-oil" for all your witch-protection needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Settlers of Catan... I've always wanted to play that game. There's something else you'll need to pass onto us back home.
ReplyDelete