We arrived at his beautiful home in the mid-afternoon and proceeded on our tour of the city. Let me just say that a city is so much more interesting when you know the history and have a private tour! It was another medieval city with the remnants of the city wall and a small chapel that was built something like 800 years ago! Just amazing. Then we proceeded back to his house and had Kaffee und Kuche (it is a tradition in German households to have coffee and cakes at 4 pm everyday. Unfortunately/fortunately this doesn't happen at work!) I could definitely get used to that though!
Then we sat and talked and watched the kids play and then they announced dinner was ready. Dinner?! I didn't know this was going to be part of the day and man was it a good part of the day. There was everything from quiche Lorraine, summer salad, shrimp, salmon wraps, and more. It was fantastic. Then we sat and drank and talked until it was time for dessert. Just when I thought I couldn't eat another crumb out came the tiramisu and Linzer torte. Well you can't say no to either of those so of course I had to try both. (I mean come on, I have to really experience the culture. Food and all . . .)
I think I was finally back in my apartment by 2 am, so I would have to say the day was a success. Now if only I could have a house like Marcus's in a city like Munich for a price like in Nebraska with weather like San Francisco. And while I'm wishing, I'd like to speak German better also.
No comments:
Post a Comment