Friday, October 2, 2009
Schützen-Festhalle (Again)
I had the fantastic opportunity to return to the Schützen-Festhalle tent at the Wiesn again today. I was invited by a colleague from the German OE to join him and some other reinsurance guys at the tent, so well, of course I joined. It was much the same as the last time except that I got to experience the reason behind the name Schützen. One of the guys is friends with the owner of the tent, so we got to go to the back of the tent and do some Schützen (translation: shooting). So apparently the name of the tent has to do with the relationship with a shooting club and the members of the club can enter the tent anytime they want and use the air-gun shooting range in the back. We had lessons with these two old German guys and then got to shoot. I can proudly say that not only did I hit the target all 5 times, but I actually scored quite well. We even got certificates, pins, and our shooting strip. What can I say, just when I think the Wiesn can't get better, it goes and has a private shooting range in the back where I don't make a fool out of myself. Oh Munich . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are picking up a lot of new skills in Germany!!
ReplyDelete