Anyway the best part of the day was something that could only happen in Germany. I still feel like it is a test and someone is collecting data for an experiment on social behavior. Ok, so the story goes like this. There is this ceramics stand that I had seen 2 weeks ago at one of the markets and I just loved the woman's items. I have been thinking about them for the past two weeks and so I dragged Silvia there to validate my opinion. Well, after much deliberation I decided which items to buy, and when I asked if she accepted cards the woman said no. But then she asked if I have a German bank account. I said yes and so she told me I could just transfer the money into her account. So basically what happened is that she wrote down her bank info so that when I got home I could transfer the money and all she asked from me was my address. I walked away from the stand with my ceramics and this woman's trust that I was a good person. I know people who don't trust their friends that much and she let me make up any name with the promise of transferring money at a later date and walk away with the goods?! Only here, only Germany!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Seriously? Only in Germany!
Yesterday was my first day back in Munich so I of course had to make some major progress in the Christmas Market marathon. Sadly I only hit 3 for the day, but it was absolutely freezing outside so cut me some slack! We saw the Muenchner Freiheit one, the Residence one, and the Medieval one. In case you are curious the Medieval one had the best food!! AND they had schneeballs (the dessert I have been dreaming of since my trip to Germany in High School!) The dark chocolate covered one was great both times I ate it (no I did not get two, it was the same one but in two separate attempts).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beth, these markets sound so cool!! Shopping, eating sweets, and drinking?!
ReplyDelete