Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dublin + Fabienne = An Awesome Weekend

Dublin has been fun and I have managed to rope some friends into going out a few times, but it is so much better when I have a good friend visiting. Well unfortunately the weather was against me having a friend in town and wanted to make sure we were as inconvenienced as possible.

The first night we didn't let the cold stop us. And after walking down O'Connell Street and taking some amazing pictures (ok, so Fabienne took them, but I was there) of some of the sites we happened upon this Indonesian restaurant (Chameleon) and actually managed to get a table. The food was amazing! We got this dinner for two which consists of 7 different dishes so you get to try several things. Then we also had to get dessert (mince meat pies and a brownie with ice cream to die for).

The next day was ruled by the weather. So we made it a shopping day and went out to this amazing mall in Dundrum. We were there for a long time and managed to see less than 10% I'd guess. I may have to head out there again sometime soon! Then by the time we got back to the apartment and grabbed some dinner the weather had taken a drastic turn and was even more rainy and windy. So we decided to get up early today and see some sights, which we did in the pouring rain and wind! We walked back to Temple Bar area and found one little place open for a scone and coffee. Then I had the unfortunate task of taking Fabienne back to the hotel so she could catch her shuttle to the airport. I was hoping I could make her miss her flight and force her stay, but since I know I get to see her again in less than 4 weeks it was just see you soon and not good bye. (I am going to spend Christmas with Fabienne and her family in Zurich!) I think Fabienne and I will have to meet here again in the summer sometime and see Dublin the right way (i.e. less rain and wind).

No comments:

Post a Comment