We rode a packed train for an hour to the base of the mountain and started right up. Then we went up and more up and more. I think we walked on ground with less than a 1 degree angle for 1% of the day. I can't remember when that happened, but I'm sure it happened at some point. Otherwise it was like a stair case the whole way up.
The view the entire way was great and the higher up we went the more of the Alps we could see. From the very top (over 1800 meters) we could see Austria and the whole of the Alps on the horizon. The view was as amazing as the weather. Once we finished a late lunch at the restaurant near the summit we headed down, but this time in the gondola. Much faster and less painful. From the bottom it was amazing to see just how high we hiked. Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment